Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Welcome to my crib

Since we returned from our trip and got over the jet lag, I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time and energy on improving Elliott's sleep life. I'm happy to report that daytime naps are going better- we more or less have a schedule now, and she goes down without too much fuss. (Though she's usually up after 30-45 minutes.) Night time is going to be harder for all of us, but we will get there. Advice is welcome! Here is the little stinker in non-sleeping action:

Wow, Mom, you are tall. Now get me out of here.


Behind bars.

It is a tough time for Elliott to learn to lay down and sleep since she is constantly on the move when awake. This week she has crawled backward a few "scoots" and yesterday she went forward just a little! When she's not trying to crawl, she's maneuvering around, somehow getting where she wants to go through a combination of leaning, turning, reaching, scooting on her bottom and pulling up on everything.

1 comment:

Dara said...

Aidan won't sleep during the day unless I hold her. She's fine at night but she refuses to fall asleep in her crib if its light outside. I let her cry it out today and even though I hated it she slept for an hour and a half.