Saturday, January 5, 2008

Visiting Pappaw Bill (and the cows)

On Wednesday we got back in the van and drove to Chad's dad's house. He lives on several acres, or to a city girl like me, way out in the country! It's so peaceful. Pappaw Bill had a new stick horse for Abbey, which she loved and took everywhere with her during our stay.

Abbey takes her horse for a ride.
Seeing Pappaw's cows is very exciting to Abbey and he enjoyed showing them to her. She helped feed them- in the trough and by hand! She also tried some other aspects of country life- climbing up on the tractor, checking out the hay, and (slowly) riding the 4-wheeler. (Yes, I know it's dangerous, they didn't ask me!!!)

The hungry cows are happy to see Abbey and Bill.

Hay!

Four Newmans

Wally, Aunt Pat (Bill's sister), Chad, Bill and the girls

We enjoyed seeing Bill, as well as Pat and Wally (who very graciously provided us with a wonderful place to stay), and getting to do something different!

3 comments:

bcstark said...

I LOVE the photo of Abbey on the hay. Glad y'all are having a good trip and that Elliott is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? You all have really squeezed in a lot during your visits.
It's pretty cold here in Japan----we've been staying indoors to keep warm!

Doris B. Pollock said...

GRAND CHILDREN ARE ONE OF LIFES GREATEST GIFTS. I LOVED THE PICTURE OF BILL AND GRANDDAUGHTER FEEDING THE COWS. I DON'T KNOW WHO WAS HAVE THE MOST FUN BILL OR THE COWS. BILL TALKED ABOUT YOUR COMING FOR WEEKS. I AM A FRIEND AND NEIGHBOR OF BILL, PAT, AND WALLY AND LOVE THEM ALL. DON'T WAIT SO LONG TO COME AGAIN TO THE COUNTRY. DORIS B. POLLOCK