Monday, January 21, 2008

Family photo shoot

We finally did it... we had a family portrait (sounds awfully fancy) made. We were going to do this in Texas but Elliott got sick and wasn't especially photogenic. Here are just a couple of the shots, e-mail me if you want to see more. But just know that you could look at every single shot he took and there is not ONE of Abbey smiling! Oh well, I guess he captured her true personality.

The happy family... does anyone else think it looks like I'm wearing a wig?

You talkin' to me?

This was the first time we had Elliott's pictures taken so we did some of just her. The crazy photographer put up this backdrop and then put this rug ON A TABLE... that was about 3 feet off the tile floor... for my constantly in motion 8 month old. Can you believe that? He set this up while I was in the other room changing her clothes, and when I came back, I was afraid if he took the time to take it down, she would have a meltdown and we wouldn't get any pictures. So... I admit it, I risked her safety for some cute pictures! (Don't worry, Chad was right there.) Though I wasn't thrilled the overall experience, it's hard to complain about pictures of such beautiful girls.

7 comments:

Kristine said...

What a great family photo! Elliott looks like she's about to crawl off that riser.

Kristine said...

By the way, Abbey's hair is SO long and pretty!

bcstark said...

Those photos are great! But no peace sign? :)

I actually thought of Abbey last night - I was going through some old photos while packing and saw one my friend from Japan sent a few years ago - she and her friends were all making the peace sign.

jennifer said...

They look great!!

Amanda said...

Aww...those look great!

jordan said...

What great pictures! I would definitely love to see more. And would you rather have the subtle smile or the crazy Abbey face? I love them both...but maybe this one is better for the official family photo.

La Rosa said...

What happened to the black look?