Growing up, we always celebrated Christmas with my dad's side of the family at New Year's. We would all spend the night at my grandparents' house on Dec. 31 and start off the new year with a big breakfast and presents. Unfortunately, it's impossible for everyone to get together for two whole days now, not to mention that it would be a little weird for all the cousins to sleep in the living room together! So Saturday was a full day of visiting, eating, opening presents, and holding babies. Abbey had a lot of fun playing with (my) 6 year old cousin Jessica- I hardly saw them all day! It was so good to see everyone. This is the gathering I have missed the most the last two Christmases when we were in Japan. Someone once asked me if it was weird that we still got together with my dad's side of the family after he died. It would be weird, not to mention awful, if we didn't! Even though I think of my dad a lot when we are at my grandparents' house, I can't imagine not being there.
Abbey may have been a little excited about the presents.
Ben holding Aidan, me dodging the camera and holding Elliott. THEY ARE SO CUTE!
Elliott, who has spit out every pacifier ever offered to her, tried to remove Aidan's. Dara kindly gave her one of her own, which she only put in her mouth while Aidan was around. Mimicking? Jealousy? I don't know!
No comments:
Post a Comment