Thursday, January 10, 2008

Eight is great

Elliott is 8 months now! She weighs 16.5 pounds and is 25 inches long. She is recovering from her cold and hopefully will be over her jet lag soon- in the meantime she is sooooo fussy. Her first two teeth (bottom center) broke through while we were on our trip and they are SHARP! She loves to grab my fingers and bite them, and apparently no teething toy I could offer compares to my shoulder. She is desperately trying to move... expect to hear soon that she is crawling! She is already scooting backwards on her bottom or otherwise maneuvering away from where I safely put her down, but it's never where she wants to go and she gets frustrated. Yesterday I put her in her crib (not to sleep, yeah right!) and she pulled herself up on the side, standing on one foot, the other stuck out behind her. Speaking of her in the crib, she has to start sleeping there soon... Mommy cannot keep being this tired. If anyone has any suggestions on how to stop snacking all-night at the "Mommy buffet" or moving a baby this old to their crib, please e-mail me! Elliott's other favorite right now is ABBEY. She laughs at Abbey's silly antics and tries to "talk" to her big sister. Abbey can be a big help at distracting cranky Elliott... when she wants to.
Well, on to the pictures. Elliott can be a little bit dramatic, as you see here. I put her in the rocking chair to take her picture and she started crying. Wailing, actually.
I picked her back up before she could leap out of the chair in her distress, only to realize it wasn't even me she wanted- it was the wrist strap on the camera! I let her see it while I found something else fun with a string on it. The next picture was taken about 1 minute after the first one- think she was faking the crying a bit?!

That's better, Mommy.

Look at her posing! She totally crossed her ankles and smiled right at the camera!

Japan's next top baby model, here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! They grow so fast.
I know this is probably NOT the answer you were looking for, but have you tried keeping Elliot in bed with you and nursing her and just going back to sleep? I did that with one of my babies---I think it was Madden who just wanted to nurse all the time.