This is Abbey at my grandparents' house. She is playing with my cousin Anna. Don't they look like they are having a great time? Anna is so sweet and fun, and I'm glad they got to spend some time together (despite the fact that Anna taught Abbey about hiding in store clothing racks!). Here they are playing with some really cool blocks called
Wedgits, which I'm just enough of a nerd to write more about.

My grandmother is not the candy dish type- in fact, any visitor to her house is quite likely to be offered a chewable vitamin C! And she never gave her grandkids noisy, battery operated toys, but rather things to build our brains, like these Wedgits. Abbey received the baby version a couple years ago and this Christmas graduated to the "you should be old enough not to put these in your mouth and choke on them" version.
Wedgits, at rest.
The baby version is a softer plastic and also has that nice vanilla baby toy scent.
Elliott hard at work. Please excuse her mismatched pajamas.
One of Abbey's creations that I just happened to find on the coffee table. I think it's really cool. Maybe she'll be an architect!
1 comment:
Fun! We have wedgits too---they are great educational toys. We use the wedgit cards too. (it frees me up!)
Post a Comment