Friday, March 21, 2008

Wrapping up the week

I'm not sure what has happened this week that I haven't posted anything new since Sunday. I do know that every time I get on the computer I am almost immediately interrupted by Elliott pulling up on the desk chair, or Abbey desperately needing something that she did not need 10 seconds earlier. But excuses aside, here are a few pictures from our not-too-exciting week.

I think I have mentioned before that Elliott refuses to be spoon fed. So now she gets to eat mostly naked, wearing a giant bib that could possibly double as a flotation device.

Abbey has been having a tough time lately. Elliott is so mobile and quick now, and so interested in toys, which Abbey thinks are ALL hers. This week there have been many time-outs (Abbey's) and tears (both girls) over sharing, so it was especially nice to see them enjoying some quiet reading time together...


Last Sunday Chad and I celebrated our sixth anniversary. It's been an eventful six years- when we got married we were just two college students living in a tiny apartment. Two states, one foreign country and two kids later, we still live in a tiny apartment. But that's okay, we are all together and I have my wonderful husband to be a wonderful dad to these girls. I love you, Chad! Anyway, to celebrate we all went out for sushi. If you look closely, you can see the food coming by on small plates on a conveyor belt. You grab what you want and when you are finished, they total up your meal according to how many plates you have. Abbey enjoyed helping us get the plates and Elliott enjoyed trying to throw everything on the floor. Here's me thinking about how I'm going to eat with chopsticks while holding a squirmy 10-month-old.

So that was a quick look at our week. Perhaps the next week will be more eventful!

5 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

Bethany, you make me laugh. The books on the floor and Elliott's giant bib. Happy Easter!

Hide and Seek said...

I also refused to be fed when I was a baby. I wanted to look at the food myself, and then decide if I wanted it in my mouth. To me this seems to be a wonderful sign of budding independence . . .

bcstark said...

Happy Anniversary! I have been checking your blog throughout the week to see if you've updated, so know you were missed. ;) Glad y'all had a good, although uneventful, week - sometimes uneventful weeks are the best!

Amanda said...

lol, I love the giant bib...do they make those in husband size?! Happy Anniversary and Happy Easter!

jennifer said...

Love your facial expression in that last picture!! Brayden's dress was from Carters...there is an outlet in TX by Kenny's parents house and I LOVE to go there!!