For those of you in Texas alternating between crazy heat waves and snow, I'm sorry to say this, but... the weather here was PERFECT this weekend! So we got our big green stroller and drove to
Tama Zoo. (You can also take a train/monorail ride to get there, which is fun, but is quite an adventure in itself with a big stroller and two kids.) This is our favorite zoo we have visited in Japan. It is really big and open and there is a wide variety of animals to see. I'm glad the exhibits are all so nice because there is a lot of walking uphill to get to them! Despite missed naps and the grumpiness that sometimes goes with that, it was a nice day.
Abbey stood there forever watching the elephant showering off.
This little girl was VERY interested in Elliott and E's Tigger toy. She cried when we finally said "bye-bye" and walked away!
We have visited Tama Zoo every year we have lived in Japan. (Actually we skipped 2007 because I was either quite pregnant or had a new baby, but still 3 times in 3 years.) Here is how Abbey has grown in comparison to the giant orangutan outside the gift shop.
November 05, Abbey is 20 months old and still quite attached to her pacifier
December 2006, Abbey and Rattle-Baby had a great time at the zoo
Abbey has grown up so much! She loved showing Elliott all the amazing animals.
4 comments:
I loved seeing how she's grown, and yes, I'll always remember nursing at the zoo together :) The pacifier. . .the last 3 times I've taken Trey to the nursery they've said, "I didn't see a pacifier in his bag" bc he cries. Should I start?
Awww! That looked like a fun trip! I like the giant orangutan as a growth chart!
How fun! We love going to the zoo also! Glad you are having such nice weather...it's cold here!
My kids are watching the backyardigans "Riding the Range" and they're running around the house singing "Ye Ha Yippy I Oh, Texas Here I Come!" That should be your new theme song!!!!
Post a Comment