Sunday, March 2, 2008

A word about word verification

***Warning: This is extremely boring and has nothing to do with my cute children.***
To my friends in the blog world:
Is there a reason you use word verification in your comments section? Should I be doing this? Have you had problems with randomly generated comments showing up on your blog? I am just curious. Personally, it gives me a headache trying to figure out the right letters. (Maybe I need glasses.) If you use it, please share why!
***Now, back to our regularly scheduled blog about the girls.***

4 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

I had to check to see if mine had it and it does. . .not sure why. . just came that may. . maybe I need to find a way to get rid of it?! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't use it, do I? I had a couple of spam comments but just rejected them. Haven't had any trouble since.

I agree----I dislike the comment sections that have them. (especially when I get the letters wrong!)

Thanks for the bibs! They are already coming in handy.

jordan said...

I just went in and turned mine off. One of those many details I never thought about when starting the blog, but i checked and it was clicked YES for word verification. Now if I get a bunch of comment spam (Is there really such a thing?!) I will come complaining to you!! JK.

Dara said...

If you don't have word verification your comments will eventually be hacked. It happens to almost everyone. Sometimes it's really inappropriate and sometimes it's a link that if someone visiting your blog clicked on it could cause a virus.