Monday, March 31, 2008
Sakura sightings
It's sakura season! The cherry blossom trees are in bloom and they are beautiful. The fluffy white blooms last for such a short time that you have to get out there with your camera when they are just right or they will all be gone. (Well, they won't be gone, just all stuck to the street below.) This road is close to our house on base and it is lined on both sides with cherry blossom trees. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
This one little cluster of blossoms were growing out of the side of the tree so we could actually see them up close.
Abbey was so happy to find a blossom that fell down. Goes with her crazy pink ensemble, no?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Those trees are AWESOME! We planted a white-bud tree on the side of our house. I hope it looks like that one day.
those are beautiful pictures! By the way, when do y'all move back? Is it May or June?
These remind me of being in the cherry blossom parade in DC and the Japanese ladies giving us fake cherry blossoms :) Did you read my post about cookie and nookie?! :)
unfortunately we also resorted to the candy thing... whatever works, right? LOL :)
You are good----we haven't taken a single photo yet. Too windy and chilly for my taste. :)
I need to get out there soon before Brett leaves for Dallas!
Love the shades on Abby! See you at the pool!
The blossoms are beautiful! Ben was so disappointed that they missed seeing them by just a few days.
Hi, Bethany! This is your second grade teacher, Mrs. Stanaland. Shelly just showed me your blog. Your children are so cute. Shelly has been raving about what a good writer you are. I told her you've been a good writer since second grade. I didn't realize you were a great world traveler now. How long have you been in Japan? Andy Jamison got married last summer and I went to the wedding. I taught with his mother and that is how I stayed in touch with him. At the wedding we talked about the competition that went on between you, him and Matt Prine. Remember??? Your ears may have been burning. We laughed about the good times of that second grade class. Believe it or not, I still have the video of all of you doing your book reports of someone famous. I just retired last May and have a lot of great memories of all of the challenges and blessings. You are remembered as a blessing!
Love, Barbara
Those cherry blossom trees are beautiful!! So, I don't know how to post a video or I would...she is pretty cute inching along!
I just love it when the cherry blossoms are in bloom in DC. You guys get to see the 'original' Japanese cherry blossoms over there. I'm jealous!
Post a Comment