Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sisterly love

One of Abbey's favorite shirts.

People often ask how Abbey is doing with the "new" baby. Well, I will be honest with you. At first, not so great. When Elliott was born, Abbey really was excited about her, and sweet to her, and thought she was "so cutie." But her jealousy/resentment/confusion about the baby came out in other ways-difficult behavior and sleep problems- and May and June were some pretty tough months around the Newman household. Thankfully, we have turned a corner. Abbey has her 3 year old big sister moments- she does love baby toys and is fond of taking away whatever Elliott is chewing on- but for the most part, she is kind to Elliott, and a good helper to me. Her behavior in general has improved a lot. I'm so proud of her!


Sisters for one week...



...and five months. So sweet!


4 comments:

bcstark said...

They are both so adorable. And so as not to over-comment, I'll consolidate for your other post - love Abbey's new fashion-forward look. I wonder how long before it'll be popular in the States too?

Dara said...

I'm so glad you can finally fit into her Big Sister shirt:)

Anonymous said...

What precious pictures!! I really do enjoy your Blog Bethany. You are inspiring me to incorporate a little more of "Japan" on my site----maybe after things settle down.

Bethany said...

Thanks Ben and Dara for getting these shirts for the girls!