These are the only hedgehogs and squirrels we saw.
In addition to a large typical playground area, there are a bunch of multi-colored nets called the "rainbow hammocks" designed for climbing and bouncing. There is definitely no napping going on in these hammocks. Abbey wasn't crazy about this and was glad to move on to the big slides on the hillside. The weirdest- and possibly most fun- thing there is the bouncing mountains. I don't know what they are really called. They are huge white hills where you will see people of all ages jumping, sliding, bouncing and acting silly. I will let you draw your own conclusions about what they look like!
Catching her breath on the rainbow hammocks.
Taking time out from bouncing to give us a beautiful smile.
Many people come out just to enjoy nature, especially those who live in the urban jungle that is Tokyo. These pink and purple and white flowers (cosmos maybe?) were everywhere and people were posing for pictures in them. It reminded me of people pulling over on the side of I-30 in Fort Worth to take pictures with the bluebonnets.
The flowers were beautiful, but Chad is just thinking about getting the 30 pound person off his back.
All in all a great way to spend our Saturday morning. We were all worn out. Chad had to get some coffee just to wake up enough to drive home!
4 comments:
Wow. I think we need some bouncing mountains in Texas. Maybe then I'd feel compelled to exercise. Your comment about the bluebonnets cracked me up because I can remember so many years of having to go pose in the bluebonnets. I'm sure I'll make Jackson do it one day, just to carry on the tradition.
Looks like y'all had a great Saturday!
My kids LOVE marshmallow mountain. We can never leave Showa Park without going there. The picture of Chad and the flowers are beautiful---I love the change of flowers there too.
Your park is cooler than our park.
I love the blog and getting to see the pictures of the family. I really miss getting to see the girls.
Post a Comment