Abbey is 4 going on 14- so sassy! We are trying to help Abbey handle her temper and use the right kind of words. Sometimes she gets so mad and makes these faces and I just have to laugh, but often, I have to control my own temper. This is one of the most challenging things I have experienced as a mom. She sometimes wants to be the baby, and has to be reminded that she is 4. But when she tells me about something she has done, she remembers all of it, and tells me so clearly, I have to remind myself she is only 4! Her funny thing lately is being stuck on the number 17. For example, if it's taking a while to get somewhere, she asks, "Mom, why is this taking so long? It's been SEVENTEEN MINUTES!" She is more confident on the playground and in the swimming pool as well. After three months of lessons, she is finally putting her face in the water! Woo hoo! She is excited about all the fun events we have coming up, the big move, and her new all-pink room (yet to be approved by mom).
I did this puzzle all by myself!
Elliott is truly a toddler now- almost 14 months old! She is walking, climbing, and Getting Into Everything. She loves pushing buttons, playing with cords, and taking everything out of the recycling. We think she has a bright future ahead of her as an engineer... or perhaps a sanitation worker. When Elliott was a little baby, she did not smile a lot, and I admit it got me down (that and the absolute lack of sleep). But she is making up for it lately with sweet hugs and big smiles. She is definitely a Mama's girl and I still find myself doing a lot of things with her on my hip (good thing she's little), but she also loves to play with Daddy. She is still just saying uh-oh and Mamamama, but makes it very clear what she wants by nodding, pointing and saying AAAAH! She is signing all done, more, and sometimes light.
After dinner, we play downstairs for a while, then she walks to the gate, and points and yells until we move it so she can crawl upstairs.
Elliott can (sometimes) identify her head, nose, tummy and feet. Today she noticed my bright purple toenails and tried to take off her sock to look at hers. Then at dinner I said something about the food going to our tummies and she pulled up her shirt to show me her belly!
7 comments:
I love both those girls! They sound so grown-up and so much like my girls in some ways, but so different in others. Sophia also gets stuck on numbers, 65 lately,and she has a big girl attitude! But she is fine with sticking her face in the water...even swims about ten feet under water, but scares me the whole time! And Tessa sleeps just fine (can't get enough) but also loves pointing, getting into everything, and climbing up stairs!
I always love reading what Elliott is doing because it gives me some idea of what to expect for Jackson in the coming months. I was so good about reading the "What to Expect" books when I was pregnant, but now I just have no idea what to expect. :)
Abbey is doing great in swim lessons! :) Gooooo Abbey.
Somehow, it doesn't see right that Elliot is a toddler-----she's still so tiny. You can still call her a baby, you know?
Love hearing about your life! Your girls are precious. I can relate to you cracking up at Abbey. One of my best friend's kid is 3 and she says the most hysterical things in-between throwing hysterical fits. It must be a girl thing. They are so dramatic! EVERYTHING is a big deal. I am already anticipating Avery's 'moments'. I don't know how I'm going to keep a straight face, and keep my hair attached to my head. :-)
Great update!
I love that Abbey is caught up on the number 17!! Too funny! (my mom tells stories about me always using "15,000" when I was little. LOL)
The girls just look so adorable & it's incredible how fast they are changing, esp. Elliot! Sheesh! I have only bee reading your blog for about 4 months and she has just become a real toddler all of a sudden! CRAZY!
A pink room, huh? I miss our pink room from NE. . .maybe when Ainsley gets her own room again :)
at least abby is using a real number! carson just says it's
"48-9-10 long!"
you are a great mom! and your blogs are so funny and real!
Post a Comment