Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Six words

I was tagged to write a six word "memoir." (I may be another year older tomorrow but I don't think I am old enough to write a memoir!) Check out the interesting post about it here. (I am going to cop out and not tag anyone but please let me know if you do this on your blog!)
Though I am generally not at a loss for words, I had a hard time coming up with something. Should it be funny? Serious? And really, how can I sum myself up in six words? Then I was making dinner and realized that the answer was literally in front of my face- on a post-it note stuck above my stove was the encouraging verse of Galatians 6:9. "So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up." I love this verse because it can be applied to so many situations we all face- parenting, family, making the right choices, and on and on. Though I regularly screw up, I will not give up. So...

Don't get tired of doing good.

6 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

I like it Bethany and happy birthday in Japan!

debi9kids said...

Bethany,
Thank you for doing this!
I LOVE what you came up with!
Just wonderful!!!!
:) Debi

jordan said...

That is a wonderful memoir and it is written beautifully.

Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have some time for yourself and are able to celebrate! You are a great Mommy and friend. May the Lord bless your day and the year ahead!

Love...Heather

bcstark said...

Happppppppy Birthday!!

deatra said...

well, you brought tears to your proud mom's eyes. i hate for you to be so far away, especially when chad has been gone so much, but then i read something like this and i realize again how much you have and continue to grow during tough times. i love you! mom