This weekend we went to Tama Hills again. Kind of seems like we just went, but this was our last chance to go. Other than Elliott hardly sleeping AT ALL, we had a great time.
Last time we stayed in the cabin, Abbey could not work up the nerve to climb up to the loft. This time she did it like a pro and was so proud of herself!
Abbey loves riding the pony, named Sakura, though she did ask me if she could ride the "big horse" now that she is 4. She did a great job, even letting go of her death grip on the reins to give me a thumbs-up. Elliott liked watching her ride and touching her mane. A little later, Abbey and Chad went back to the stables and fed some of the big horses carrots that we brought. (Thanks for the tip, Jennifer!)
Abbey was sad that we won't be going back to Tama Hills (aka Thomas Mountain). We reassured her that there are lots of horses in Texas!
7 comments:
Your girls are just so sweet!
It looks like such a lovely trip and bittersweet since it's the last time. :(
You betcha! :) That's my kids favorite part about Tama.
Reading about all these "lasts" and PCS's and TLA's and stuff is making it seem for real that you'll be leaving soon.......
Perhaps, I can live vicariously through you as you share your adventures from Texas! We'll miss you guys!
It looks like y'all had a great trip! It seems like there are so many fun things to do over there. Sorry about the lack of sleep - I was gonna say maybe you can catch up on it now that you're back home, but I bet these next few weeks are gonna be crazy! I'll be thinking about y'all and praying everything is as stress-free and smooth as possible.
That's a wonderful family photo!
Oh, my girls would so love to get on a horse - or at least they think they would! They will have to wait a fair while before they get their chance. (I refuse to patronize the pony-man at the local Ag Show because he mistreats his animals.)
We camped this last wknd too, although I think your cabin was a little nicer than ours :) I hear ya about the baby not sleeping well there!
Jen, Can you believe that is the first time we have used the timer on our camera?! Turned out so well we just might have to do it again. :0)
Post a Comment