Thursday, June 26, 2008

Packed

Before...
Bye-bye toys, have a fun trip!

Is all that stuff really ours?


I can help, Dad!


You mean I have to pop all these bubbles?


Don't even think about it.

During...


After.
We always said we wanted more space...

So we are packed out now. The house is empty except for the stuff that we are going to leave here, or mail to ourselves later, or somehow carry in our suitcases. Which is more stuff than I thought, I guess I put up a lot of those "no pack" notes! Fortunately, everything went smoothly... once the movers got here anyway. They didn't arrive until after lunch and the truck didn't leave until 9 pm! It was a long day and we are glad it's over.

8 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

So, you're really leaving Japan. . .I feel like it was yesterday you were packing up in Bellevue, but then again so much has happened it feels like forever ago! I, on the other hand, will not be packing up and moving this time :)

Christi said...

Wow, I got exhausted just reading your post! Good thing y'all had two great helpers. :)

debi9kids said...

Wow! It just looks so empty. :(
Glad it went smoothly and hope you are able to fit everything in the suitcases.

Mum-me said...

I know that feeling. Hope you get everything sorted and get to enjoy your last moments in Japan.

Anonymous said...

OMG----you really are leaving! It doesn't seem possible. The pictures make it seem like it's really happening.

We're hoping to be moving (on base) in August. I can't believe it.

Are you still in your house? When do you actually leave?

La Rosa said...

Don't let your mom see Abbey popping those bubbles. She'll get jealous!

Dara said...

Wow you're already packed up. When do you guys get back to Texas? Ben and I are always out of the loop:)

deatra said...

you make it look so easy! i'm amazed at how well you do that. and ryan's right about popping the bubble wrap! i'm jealous!