Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rainy season

Here is a picture from my recent trip to the Florida Everglades. Oh wait, this is just the view from my front porch when it rains.


Did I mention it rains a LOT in Japan in June?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Is that really your front yard?

That's a LOT of standing water----betcha get mosquito's too, eh?

Shelly said...

So funny! I didn't know it rained so much there. And I've been there once before! (Only for a couple days en route to Philippines.) So what do you do all day inside? Do you get cabin fever?

Flip-flop Mama said...

We have a sunny day here today and it's amazing how much of a better mood I'm in than when it rains! Sending some sun your way!

Bethany said...

We do have a lot of mosquitos once it gets warm. We all gather by the front door and rush in/out to try and keep them out of the house, and we use those mosquito repellant bracelets all the time.
As for what we do all day... we do still go out, but I don't like to go grocery shopping or anything that requires hauling bags + kids through the "lake." I don't really get cabin fever but we do all get bored with each other- so we get out games and toys that we don't play with all that often. It will really be just the same when we get to Texas and it is just too stinkin hot to go out in the middle of the day.