Today I was up at Chad's squadron and one of his coworkers- who does not even have children- asked me if Elliott is sleeping better these days. I realized that if he is asking me about it, we must have been talking about it a lot!
So here is an update. Yes, thank you God, Elliott is sleeping better. She usually naps twice a day for 30 minutes to an hour, and most nights she sleeps well from 7 pm-5 am. She does wake during the night sometimes, but we do not take her out of the crib anymore, and usually she is not awake too long. Whenever she wakes up after 5, I nurse her and she dozes for a while longer. I would love to just make her go back to sleep without nursing at 5, but they are not kidding about Japan being the land of the rising sun and it is BRIGHT outside (seriously, like the middle of the day) by 5:00. An early start to my day, but I will take it over being up all night.
Five months ago, Elliott would not even take a short nap without being held, and even two months ago I was spending more of the night in the rocking chair with her than I was in my own bed. It is an amazing change- I am so thankful and proud of her, me and Chad. Of course, in a few weeks our whole world will be turned upside down with travel and jet lag... but right now I am just enjoying a little more rest.
I know there are some of you out there with your own baby sleep dilemmas and I have to tell you: there is hope! Hang in there!
Elliott asleep in Nana's arms a year ago. So sweet!
If you think I am going to risk waking her up to take a picture of her sleeping now, you are crazy!
8 comments:
That's great that Elliott's sleep situation has improved so much - you give me hope! :)
HA, I know, Trey looked so sweet sleeping last night, but I opted for no pic and keeping him asleep :)
Hey Bethany, Thanks for the note. We will be in Hawaii at the same time! Yeah! Enjoy how cute they look at 5 am. How fleeting the rocking is. Yesterday mine were upat night. Now mine are up at night, but because they are half way around the world and it is day there. Enjoy the last of Japan.
Love,
Aunt Kim
Yea, Elliott!! I told you things get better! :0) Sleep is a wonderful thing, isn't it!? I will pray it continues.
Good for you! Glad to hear you are able to get some more rest.
A well-rested mama= A Happy mama
It makes such a difference if you can get at least a few hours straight sleep - so that's great that Elliot is sleeping so much better.
I know what you mean about the eye drops too. My son was the worst for both medicine and eye drops. If HB wasn't home to help me I didn't have a chance. I wasted so much medicine and so many eye drops trying to do it myself!
Take care - hope you keep getting more and more quailty sleep.
Wow. I sort of got the idea that she wasn't sleeping well, but I didn't know all the details. You function quite well with little sleep! I like to think I would function okay, but I don't know. I'm glad things are better!
Post a Comment