Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy birthday, Chad!

Yesterday we celebrated Chad's birthday. How old is he now, you ask? Well, I don't know if he would want me to tell you, but I'll give you a hint.

Don't tell him I told you!

I thought it would be fun to surprise him with his cake at work. I also thought his coworkers deserved a little treat since they have all been seriously stressed out and working hard the last 2 months. With the help of a couple of his coworkers, we pulled it off (thank you Felita, Drew and MSgt Herndon!). It was fun- he was surprised, everyone enjoyed the cake (more on that in another post), and both girls were very good. (Abbey gets so nervous around everyone, not to mention how anxious she was to eat the cake, and I never know how Elliott is going to react around strangers, so I was relieved.)
After a yummy dinner of pad thai (best Thai food from a bowling alley I have ever had!), we opened presents. Abbey had picked out two things for him at the 100 yen store and was so proud.

Do you need help opening that, Daddy?


Chad displays his loot: A WWII book, a mouse on wheels and a plastic ball game. Can you guess which ones are from Abbey?

Since we first gave each other birthday presents eight years ago, we have often been apart on our special days, so I was so happy to have Chad home to celebrate.

Happy birthday, Chad, you rock!

4 comments:

jordan said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Chad!

The cake looks delicious.

Kristine said...

Only in Japan would they serve pad thai in a bowling alley. I'm jealous! Greasy fries and pizza just don't cut it.

Bethany said...

Oh, they do have greasy burgers, fries and pizza too. But their (slightly greasy) thai food is yummy, at least Chad assures me it is because I am a wimp and can only eat a little spicy food before I give up.

Mum-me said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all - even if you did have to trek across town to find the restaurant.

By the way, your husband is EXACTLY the same age as me. (And now you know that I am not really 21 as I keep telling my children.)