Saturday, June 7, 2008

Eye hate drops

Sorry I haven't written much lately. I was busy giving ear drops and eye drops and wiping eyes and washing my hands. Yuck. Last Monday, Abbey woke up early in the morning to tell me her ear really hurt. The doctor later confirmed that she had a middle ear infection- her first, at age 4! He decided not to prescribe antibiotics right away and sent us home with some drops for the pain. She seemed to feel fine. But Tuesday afternoon she had a lot of yellow 'gunk' in her eyes and ended up staying home from preschool Wednesday. Thursday morning we went back to the doctor, and came home with eye drops for both girls, plus antibiotics for Abbey's ear, which looked worse. Friday morning Abbey missed preschool again, but by that afternoon both girls were yellow gunk free and this weekend everyone seems to be all better. Administering the eye drops was the worst part of the whole thing- for the girls and me and Chad! In case you are wondering, the trick is to sit on them. (Okay, we didn't actually sit on Elliott. But Chad had to hold her arms down- she may be tiny but she is strong!)
Thank you to all of you who sent me such nice birthday wishes. My friend Anne brought me a yummy cake on my special day, and I got the best presents of all that night: Chad came home and he let me sleep all night!

7 comments:

Dara said...

Happy late birthday! I've been so busy with grad school starting up for the summer and Aidan's b-day that I'm way behind on everything. We got your present in the mail yesterday. She loves the books! Thank you!

jennifer said...

Cute title...crummy problem to have! SO sorry the girls were sick. It is so hard to watch your babies hurt...Brayden had her first ear infection this week too! Kennan never had one so it was a new experience for us also. Glad things are getting better. When do yall head to the US again?

Flip-flop Mama said...

That's pretty catchy Bethany, "Eye Hate Drops," ha. My kids hated them too, and I can remember crying getting them as a kid!

debi9kids said...

Oh no! Poor sick baby! :(
Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

deatra said...

you are so clever, bethany...where DID you get that from? so glad you got to sleep for your birthday! love you, mom

bcstark said...

Wow, two sick children at once? That's rough! Glad they're feeling better now, and that you had a good birthday. And I love your gift from Chad - a full night's sleep, niiiiice!

Amanda said...

Happy late birthday! I'm glad to hear that the girls are feeling better.