Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oreo Cookie Cake

Here is the recipe for Chad's birthday cake. I know it doesn't look that great in the picture (previous post) but it was yummy, especially the second day. I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com. (That makes me sound very fancy pants, but in reality it just means I wanted the cake to be chocolate, not white, and I wasn't sure about using the glaze on top.)

Ingredients:
24 Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup flour
1/4 butter, melted
1 box chocolate butter recipe cake mix

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
Combine crushed cookies, mini chocolate chips, flour, and melted butter. Set aside.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour half of cake batter in pan. Sprinkle about 2 cups of cookie mixture on top.
Pour the rest of the cake batter over the cookies, then top with the rest of the cookie mixture.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to get a piece of cake.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

That sounds amazing! How many Weight Watchers points is that? :-) I'm seriously going to try it. I'm always down for a good (EASY) recipe, so if you have any others, send them my way!

Kristine said...

What do you mean it doesn't look that great?!? It looks yummy and adequately chocolate-y. How can that not look great?

Highland MOPS said...

Tell Chad Happy Belated Birthday! The cake sounds delicious... I'm drawn to anything with chocolate in it. :)

debi9kids said...

OK! Guess what I am making TOMORROW????? OH MOMMA!!!

bcstark said...

Just wanted to tell you - I'm trying your chocolate/pumpkin cupcake recipe tonight! I didn't notice that it was supposed to make 24 though and I did it as 12.... they're baking right now, so we'll see how they turn out!