Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

First, a flashback:
Abbey, 16 months old, July 4, 2005 in Nebraska.
Awwww.
For the second year in a row we celebrated the 4th with thousands of other Yokotans by enjoying free activities and eating free food! Yeah! It was fun, much more so than last year when it was 70 degrees and raining.

See the flag on the stroller- aren't we patriotic?

Do you think my 2004 Old Navy shirt is old enough to be "vintage" yet?


Abbey knows driving the "Baikinman" kid cart is serious business.

Abbey has always loved seeing Chad play his drums, and now Elliott does too. This was the last time we will see Pacific Trends perform. In 3 years, I don't think I have ever gotten a picture of them playing where you can actually see Chad. I promise he is there behind the singer, wailing away on the drums. They went right along with the country theme, playing such country hits as "Play That Funky Music" and "Long Train Running." Oh, and they played some actual country songs as well. Since they were performing inside an airplane hangar, it was LOUD. Fortunately, Abbey and Elliott were prepared.

"I don't know why people have their fingers in their ears. I think the volume is just right."


"That guy playing the drums looks just like my Daddy."

After the show, we headed back outside for some more fun...

Chad in the go-cart race
Abbey painted a cowboy hat and wore it to the petting zoo

Elliott makes a desperate attempt at escaping from the stroller

Last July 4th was when Abbey first fell in love with riding the pony. Here's my little cowgirl:

Let's make a break for it, horse!

When you look back at the fun pictures from your 4th of July festivities, remember those who did not get to celebrate with their family and friends because they are deployed. Please take a minute to pray for them and their families. Happy Independence Day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the ear protectors! Where'd you get those or is it a band privilege?

Can you send me the pic from the stage? I never was brave enough to go in b/c of the volume. I managed long enough to get some food.

Just looking at the photos made my ears ring again! (I was waaaaay back volunteering in the A&C booth where they made the hats too)

Abbey looked so cute----that photo is about the way I remember her looking when you came to KPBC. She has really gotten big!

Does Abbey think it's cool that daddy performs like that? I think it's pretty cool that he gets paid to lay the drums----what a cool job. :)

It'll be special for you next year as you spend the 4th with family. :) But, the free food and special activities are a nice privilege too.

It was great seeing you at the festivities!

bcstark said...

Looks like y'all had a great day! Love the "vintage" shirt - I think I may have that same one! I used to have quite a collection. ;)

Shelly said...

I have a vintage shirt too! I wore it all day until I had to change because of stinky spit-up. (She is almost 8 months and STILL spitting up...isn't that supposed to stop soon?) I love the pics. Your kids are soo beautiful. The ear protector pics are the best. I'm glad you had a happy 4th.

debi9kids said...

OMGosh! That first pic of Abbey is just ADORABLE!!!

Love all the fun things you are able to do, even in Japan, to celebrate the 4th!

How fun your day looked!

Flip-flop Mama said...

So I opened up your blog and saw that pic of Abbey and thought "oh my goodness, Elliott REALLY looks like Abbey did!" Then I realized it was Abbey :) I guess I must've thought Elliott really grew since I last looked at your blog :)

jordan said...

Did you know that Sophia had that same dress that Abbey was wearing? I don't remember them both wearing it but that was about the time we met each other. It is Tessa's now and I hoped she would wear it on July 4th, but instead we were sick and didn't care what we wore! Glad you guys had such a great day...looks like there will be plenty of good memories of Japan.

Mum-me said...

After reading a few blogs I realised that 4th of July is a special event in USA. Looks like fun. Must be the same as our Australia Day on 26th Jan.