For Thanksgiving we went to Chad's mom's house. I have to tell you, the first time I went home with Chad (over 8 years ago!), I was pretty sure he had gotten lost, since we just kept driving and driving down a two lane road with nothing but trees on either side. Turns out, he wasn't lost, he's just from a very small town deep in the east Texas Piney Woods. This was our first time coming from San Antonio and we learned the hard way you cannot be anywhere near Houston after 3:00 pm unless you really enjoy sitting in traffic. It actually wasn't that bad, but was enough for me to be Thankful for the portable DVD player.
Thanksgiving was a day of good food, the cousins running around together (seven kids between 1 and 13) and watching the Cowboys game. The girls had so much fun!
Enjoying the wide open spaces... and mounds of red dirt.
Gran-San holds Elliott, who is worn out after climbing the dirt mounds.
We had decided to stop halfway on our trip home rather than spend another 7 straight hours in the car. We had even found a nice hotel that allowed pets- and had an indoor pool! After breakfast Sunday morning, the girls were pumped about swimming. (Well, Abbey was. Elliott was mostly just excited about her swimsuit.) But the pool was FREEZING!!! Apparently indoor doesn't necessarily mean heated. It was a sad ending to our trip.
I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
Sounds like a great family trip, apart from the traffic and the cld pool!
I enjoyed seeing your Thanksgiving photos. It looks like a fun trip ;)
And you aren't that late...I am currently uploading my Thanksgiving photos and thought I'd check your blog while I wait!
Post a Comment