By Abbey's second Thanksgiving we were in Japan. That year we were so very thankful for my mom. Not only had she kept our dog, Chico, at her house since the summer, she went through all the hassle of bringing him to us. Without her and Les' help, I'm pretty sure Chico would be still be in Nebraska (perhaps growing corn?). We loved having her visit and did a whirlwind trip to Tokyo.
The next year was what Chad and I refer to as The Worst Thanksgiving Ever. Abbey caught a terrible stomach bug, which she was kind enough to share with me, and we both ended up dehydrated. For her this was the beginning of some ongoing tummy troubles. For me, since I was pregnant with Elliott, dehydration meant a trip to Urgent Care for some IV fluids. (They had to stick me 7 times! SEVEN!) That's why this is the only picture of that Thanksgiving:
And last year we didn't eat anything traditional and went bowling. If you just really want to, you can read about it here. :0)

5 comments:
Those are some good Thanksgiving memories... except for that visit to urgent care.
Adorable pics of your sweet sweet girlies!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Yes I was expecting colour photos of the first thanksgiving. I am very disappointed. I'll come back and check on your work tomorrow ....
.... Actually, that 9 month photo of Abbey is so cute that I just realised I am not really interested in seeing photos of Indians and Pilgrims chewing on dried-up corn.
Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!
We're thankful for you!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Funny coincidence - I had stomach flu when I was pregnant with Georgia twice - the first on Christmas Day (almost two years ago), the second a month later. Both times I ended up in the hospital for dehydration. I got I think 2 liters the first time and 3 1/2 liters the second time in addition to being admitted for a few hours. Ahhh - memories!
Post a Comment