Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, wherever you are. We had a great day here, though the closest thing we had to traditional Thanksgiving food was pumpkin bread and turkey bacon for breakfast. We had a curry and rice feast from our favorite place, Coco's, for dinner. We also took advantage of the free bowling being offered on base and enjoyed some family fun.

We'll have our own Thanksgiving Day parade!

Abbey usually has a better bowling score than Mom.


Abbey and Big Baby race in the bowling alley arcade.

Yeah Coco's!

We are thankful for so many things this year. Elliott's safe, healthy arrival of course tops the list. We are blessed with our healthy, beautiful, funny girls, Chad's job, our safe home, our family and friends. I am thankful for this amazing technology that allows me to quickly and easily keep everyone up to date on our family. Anyone who is reading this I would love for you to leave a comment (even if you never have before) and share what you are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving from the Newmans.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm thankful for my sweet little Dylan and my fantastic husband Denny. I'm also thankful for my friends who listen to me and help keep me sane (thanks Bethany!).

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for family and friends.
Thanksgiving just isn't the same over here, is it? This is the one holiday that is difficult to celebrate here in my opinion. My children have no understanding nor appreciation either. They aren't really sure what the US is since they've lived away from there so long.

Anyhow, I didn't know they were offering free bowling. How fun. My children enjoy going to the bowling alley----this is the one sport Brett does not excel at. :)

Your Abbey is just too cute.

bcstark said...

I'm thankful for Jackson and his little personality that I'm seeing more every day, and for Brian - for being a wonderful husband and dad. I'm thankful for family.. and for friends, many of whom might as well be family anyway. And I'm thankful for getting back in touch with old friends too. :)

Kristine said...

Turkey bacon and pumpkin bread count as Thanksgiving fare. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Personally, I am thankful for family; my most loving, caring, and understanding husband Brian and our [fur]baby Rosie. I am thankful for friends, and for all the blessings and ways in which God provides for us.

jennifer said...

I'm a little late on this...but I too am thankful for my happy and healthy family. I am also thankful for health insurance! Long story, but we have it and that is what matters!! On another note, how long will your family be in Japan?