Monday, November 26, 2007

Tag!

Elliott has discovered tags. No matter how many toys we put on the play mat, if she can see the tag on the side that's all she wants. She bends all the way down to the floor to chew on it and gets SO MAD that it won't come off. She also loves crinkly things, such as plastic bags, and will just about jump out of my arms to get whatever I am holding that interests her.

Can you tell how hard she is working? She was actually grunting!

She has reached that point where it really upsets her if you take away what she has, even if you take it so gently and give her something better... or you could just yank it away from her like Abbey.

This baby is so realistic... looks like Elliott is wrestling a friend!

Abbey has also discovered tag, but the running around with other kids variety. The other day, as I was walking towards Miss Debbie's house to pick Abbey up, I could see her laughing and running with the other kids and I almost cried! She has made a lot of progress in playing with the other kids there and I am proud of her. Now she wants me to play tag with her all the time. Is it bad that I volunteer to be "it" just so she will run around and wear herself out?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I remember Megan liking tags too----although now she dislikes them and cuts them off her shirts. :)

Just wait til Elliot and Abbey can play tag together! That's when it gets exciting.

jennifer said...

I love how kids like tags and cardboard boxes...not necessarily the toys that come with them!

Anonymous said...

I just tagged you with a meme on my Blog!

Dara said...

Aidan has just discovered tags as well. I'll have to remember that come Christmas time.