Then the day got really busy. I really needed to get some things done while Chad was around to help. I cleaned the bathrooms, did some laundry, put dinner in the crock pot, went to the grocery store and made pumpkin bread! (I realize that makes me sound like Martha Stewart... Believe me, I am not nearly this domestic all the time.) It was great for me to get all these things off my to-do list but not so great for everyone else. By 3 PM Abbey was cranky, Chad was tired of her crankiness, and Elliott just wanted her Mommy to sit and hold her!
It is a hard balancing act, right, Moms? Things around the house really do have to be done, and I think it's okay for our kids to have to be patient sometimes while we take care of them. But how do I know when to say, "Just a minute" and when do I say, "This can wait, let's play." Today, obviously, I was too focused on other stuff and not the girls. I am so glad they forgive and forget quickly! I am trying every day to get the right balance, and I know that is what will matter in the end...
4 comments:
I've already discovered the difficulty of balancing. Working from home is a blessing but at times it makes things difficult because it means there are periods where Jackson has to be self-entertained while I work. Granted, he's content (and I do want him to be able to entertain himself), but I still prefer those moments that I can cuddle him or play with him instead.
That's why we have lots of kids---they entertain and help each other so I can get stuff done. :)
Seriously, does Abbey usually wake up at 6AM? Or was that b/c of the game? Yikes---thankfully we only have one early bird in the house!
Oh thank goodness, NO, Abbey doesn't usually wake up at 6. If she does we put her back in bed! Only Chad gets up that early, and only when the Cowboys are on! Jennifer, maybe you can send a couple of your kids over here to entertain Abbey for me! ;0)
You know my Madeline would love to come play with her. She'll dote over her since she's my mother hen. :) Although, she's also my talker and might yack your ear off. Maybe I should send Megan. :)
Post a Comment