Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hamura Zoo

Ah, Hamura Zoo, how do we love thee? Let me count the ways: This small zoo is just about 15 minutes away, and it's one of our favorite places to go for an easy, inexpensive and surprisingly fun family outing! As zoos go, it's not very glamorous, and I do feel a little sad for some of the animals, but Abbey can get up nice and close to see them, and it's never been crowded. Did I mention it's only 300 yen (less than $3) for each of us? And free parking! Wow! We have gone many times before, but Abbey never seems to get tired of going, and the weather was great, so off we went again.

Ready to have some wild fun!

The Humboldt penguins were standing by the door waiting for their afternoon snack. Abbey loved watching them dive for the fish. Just like on Happy Feet... without the tap dancing.


My cute little monkeys.

Abbey is very careful when feeding the ducks and swans. She throws the food in one piece at a time to different parts of the pond.

The zoo even has a real live concrete dinosaur! (This picture is for you, Sophia!)

This post seems to be all about Abbey... Elliott was there too, really! She just hung out happily in the stroller and then Mommy's arms. She is generally very easy on outings like this, since she's held a lot and likes to ride sitting up in the front of the stroller, chewing on one of the straps. She wasn't that interested in the animals but did look adorable in her blue hippo hat.

1 comment:

jordan said...

To ABBEY,
Welcome to the zoo. I love you and I want to go back to Japan someday and I want to go to the zoo and visit you Abbey. Would you like to go to the zoo with me? And Abbey, maybe you could come visit me someday if you fly on an airplane?
Love, SOPHIA
(I typed both of our names myself!)