Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Half a year

I realize Elliott is not quite six months yet. But I decided it's close enough for me to go ahead and take her picture, since Friday will be super busy. Apparently she's not close enough that the hospital will give her a flu shot. (She must really be six months!)
My big six month old is not only sitting up well, but can reach off to one side to get a toy (which immediately goes in her mouth) without falling. She is 15 pounds and about 24 inches and getting some fuzzy multi-colored hair. And she has got to be teething... I don't feel anything on her gums but she drools like crazy and bites HARD on everything. We have also started the solid food game. She is not impressed with the rice cereal thus far, but we will persevere.
I'm amazed, sad and glad at how quickly the past six months have flown by. Really, if we were stuck in this baby stage forever, especially as "high-need" as she can be, I could not do it. It helps to remember how fast it passes, and remind myself I might never have another sweet little baby. And it's exciting to think about what's coming next!

Being six months old is so fun!

Nice sign, Mom... what else does it do?

No comments: