We were enjoying our first beautiful fall in Japan. Abbey was 20 months old.
Chad's band played a concert outside the Japanese Defense Ministry building, which we nicknamed the Japan-agon. Apparently he was very excited to be there.
And I went to the Budokan Hall in Tokyo to see a military band marching festival!
This Monday I took the girls to a Veteran's Day performance by one of the ensembles in the Air Force band at the local public library. I randomly sat down next to a man who was in the band with Chad in Nebraska, and is no longer in the band, but lives here now. It was one of those "small world" moments that got me thinking about the places the Air Force band has taken us- and who knows where else we will go, or who else we will meet in the next several years. Going to the Budokan was one little adventure that I had thanks to the Air Force band and I wanted to blog about it to remember it (don't worry, next Way Back Whensday will be more cute pictures of the girls). And I have to give credit where it's due, I started doing WBW after seeing it on Debi's blog and I believe she got it from Twinfatuation. Check them out, and join the fun!
7 comments:
Okay, here is my comment-a-thon since I had so much to catch up on! I love the "way back" halloween pic of the girls. They are soo stinking cute! And the pics from this year are also great. Abbey looked so proud to be representing Minnie! Just judging by the bike video, she looks like a natural, but I can only imagine what practice it took to get there. I also had no idea that there was concern for Elliot's size. She looks like a petite little princess to me, but I'm obviously no professional. I have another friend who is going through this exact same thing with her daughter and it is a major source of stress in her life. I will pray about that! As always, I love your blog posts! They keep me smiling!
wow. that band performance in japan with all the bands must have been very loud! i'll bet it was great, though.
Please tell me you gathered these memories from dated digital photos... or you've just proved how great of a memory you have.
Abbey in those pigtails... priceless!
I LOVE Taiko drummer performances! And what a treat to have seen it IN Japan.
Oh, btw, I totally got your Eddie Izzard reference!
"We can't make the castle out of plastic, they've actually got them here."
Abbey looks soooo cute with her little pigtails! I will have to show my brother the band photos - he is a band nerd himself. :)
Kristine, If these pics weren't all in dated folders on my computer I wouldn't remember much of anything. Which is why I have forgotten so many things about living in Nebraska- no digital pictures!
That looks like such an amazing time. What fantastic memories!!!
ps be sure to go to twinfatuation on Wednesday so that Cheryl knows you are playing along. She'll visit you too :)
Post a Comment