Did everyone have a fun Halloween? Abbey sure did! The day started off with Silly Dress Up Day at preschool. She wore her Minnie Mouse costume and I think she was the only little girl in her class who was not some version of a princess/ballerina/fairy/angel. She was so happy, and I was happy to see her costume still in good condition when I picked her up! On our way home, we had to go in the store for one item, but somehow walked out with two items, one of them being a large pumpkin. Elliott had a check-up in the afternoon (more on that later) and there was no way we had time to carve it up. So I started off by drawing a face on it, but it wasn't long before Abbey started "enhancing" it with paint and stickers.
Abbey works on the pumpkin while Elliott looks on. There are no pictures of the finished pumpkin because she would only use red paint and it looks like it has a scary head wound.
After dinner, everyone got dressed up... including Chad!
Silly Newmans, October 31, 2008.
Here is Abbey is all her Minnie Mouse glory (with her Valentine's Day treat bag).
Elliott finally gets to wear the pumpkin costume!
Captain Chad Monkey Pirate says, "Arrrrrrrrrr!" Don't ask.
Instead of going trick or treating, Abbey and Chad went to Zoo Boo (at the, um, zoo). Elliott and I stayed home and ate some of Abbey's candy. I know, we are party poopers. But I think going trick or treating is really only fun if you know your neighbors or are going with friends, and we don't really know anyone in our new neighborhood.
Watching Daddy and Abbey leave for the zoo.
Ready for a wild time! Here you can see Minnie's pink tights and green Crocs.
Fishing for treats.
On the way home.
I think we made the right choice because Abbey and Chad had a lot of fun together. They played games, saw some animals, Abbey got a butterfly painted on her face, and didn't get home until almost 10:00! The next day we officially ended Halloween by eating pumpkin pancakes and candy for breakfast. It was a fun day, but I am glad we don't have to do it again until next year!
4 comments:
Looks like a great Halloween! The picture of Elliott standing on the sofa is such a cute expression!
I just have to mention that you might have met some new neighbors trick-or-treating though!
I suppose we might have met some of our neighbors... but after the check-up Elliott had just been through, no one probably would have wanted to meet her!
I have to agree about the trick-or-treating. Not that we do it here, but it seems a bit weird to me to go knocking on doors asking strangers for candy. It would be much nicer if you knew your neighbours or just went to friends/relatives houses.
The zoo thingo looked like fun.
Did you dress up?
Is Elliot alright?
Thanks for your comments on my blog. The girls are better today (at least) and I can tell because (1) they are eating and (2) they are bickering and fighting over the toys. It was a horrible tummy bug but at least it was a quiet house!
And yes, I do play flute. It is my 'second' instrument. Do you play flute as well?
Looks like a fun day!! I wish we lived close to a zoo for something like that...I think it would be way more fun than trick or treating! Hope Elliott is okay!
Post a Comment