So let's go "way back" through the last few years...
(I should be honest and say that this hat was created in about 5 minutes out of sheer desperation. I was just a few weeks pregnant with Elliott- I felt so sick and had no energy. I actually hadn't planned on dressing Abbey up at all, and was counting on her not knowing it was Halloween. But then a neighbor spilled the beans and Abbey wanted to know what she was going to be. So, she wore her cooking apron over her regular clothes and I made this hat out of poster board and tissue paper using some online directions. I also taped a piece of orange paper to a Starbucks bag for her to collect her treats in. Definitely not my finest mommy moment!)
Think she was still a little jealous of the baby? :0)
Oh well, I got two little pumpkins out of it.
Tune in Friday for Abbey's latest, greatest Halloween costume!
8 comments:
What cute trick or treaters you have through the years! I'm recalling Abbey as a pumpkin when Ainsley was a ballerina their first year?! Now I want to go look at Halloween past pics!
Emily, I remember almost 1 year old Ballerina Ainsley RUNNING around at the church fall festival while her pregnant pumpkin mama chased her. :0) And yes, 8 month old Abbey was a round little pumpkin, but we didn't have a digital camera yet. It's actually the same pumpkin sack she is wearing in the last picture- guess I got my money's worth out of that one!
i would say the last minute chef's costume was actually one of your best mommy moments; how creative you were under pressure! i thought it was very impressive.
LOVE the costumes and don't know who you are kidding... for a thrown together costume, you did AWESOME! That WAS a fine mommy moment! :)
What darlings you have...and what a rich Halloween history!
Hoping this year's is WONDERFUL, and thank you for playing along with Way Back When-esday! Hope you'll play often!
All the costumes look cute!
Abbey seems completely happy in her chef's costume! Us mums do beat ourselves up don't we?
I went to an awful lot of trouble to make Ducky's bookweek parade costume, thinking it had to be "special", only to discover later that she would have been happy to wear her boots, denim skirt and pink t-shirt and go as Hanna Montanna (whoever that is!)
So what did Abbey and Elliott dress up as this Halloween?
Your kids are impossibly adorable!
Post a Comment