Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Have Our Cake and Daddy Too

While the girls and I were on our road trip, Chad went on one too. Of course, he didn't have to change anyone's diaper in the car or listen to screaming while driving, but since he was working, I won't hold it against him. This was the first time he has gone on tour in a few months, and boy did we miss him! Elliott asked for "Da-da, Da-da?" every day. Because we were so glad to see him, (and because I needed a treat after 10 days of "Da-da, Da-da?") he came home to this:

Yes, that chocolate chip cookie is over 15 inches across, and coming over the edge of the pizza pan! I got the recipe from Cookie Madness, a site I love to visit, in case you are interested. It was delicious!
The next day, Abbey and Chad got out her clay birthday cake set and had a good time working on it.

Hard at work.

The beautiful finished product! Maybe someday Abbey will be on Ace of Cakes.

I gave Abbey a plastic container for her cake so it wouldn't dry out. I thought she put it back in the closet with the other play-doh, but then I found it the next day under her bed! Good thing it wasn't real cake.

And finally, a random picture of sisterly love. Usually if they are both on the little couch, someone is screaming, but the combination of Abbey enjoying Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Elliott being ready for a nap produced this snuggly moment. Sweet sisters!

Awwwww.

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow! I HAVE to make that cookie recipe.

Mum-me said...

It's so nice when the children snuggle instead of hit and scream.

deatra said...

Minnie and her little sister snuggling - so sweet. And I love the pictures of Chad playing with Abbey.

Flip-flop Mama said...

I want to play with that birthday cake clay set!!! Cute pic of the sisters and the cookie looks delicious! Now, all it needs is some frosting :)

Bethany said...

Yeah, the cookie would have been just perfect with "Welcome Home Daddy" written in frosting... but there's only so much I can do with them "helping." :0)

Shelly said...

That cookie looks AWESOME! I will definitely be visiting that site. I know you had been to the convention from reading Christi's blog, but I hadn't read yours yet for some reason. The first time away??? What a good mom. My first time away was when Avery was 4 months old! :-( It was hard, but she did great. I'm glad you got a break. Now that you live close(er) to mom, maybe those will happen more often.

Libby said...

I'm always glad to hear other people's kids are just like mine. We have happy kids until they get within 2 feet of each other, then one is usually screaming!