I miss those days. Of course, Abbey drove me crazy at times with normal toddler behavior. But she was so sweet and loving, and... compliant! Some days now, I feel like all we do all day long is argue. Or when I don't allow myself to be dragged into an argument, all I do is tell her what to do and all she does is tell me NO. I get so tired of hearing my own "stern Mommy" voice. Those days really get me down, especially when I feel sure she's the only kid who acts like this. Other times she is so funny and cute and sweet.
So if you are out there and your child hasn't yet reached this age... enjoy the sweetness! And if you and your child have made it to 5 years old without totally losing your mind... I'm listening. :0)
6 comments:
Oh my goodness. What a cutie! I just want to pinch those chubby cheeks! I love this way-back thing...I may have to steal that. I wonder how old Avery has to be before I can refer to "way-back"?
i just got the "whens-day" thing! bethany, you are so clever; where DID you get that? yes, you are both so cute.
Lol she's so cute - I'm glad to see you guys are settling in well, and that your stuff made it safely!
The contrast in those pictures is amazing... how funny!
I'm also tired of hearing NO every time I say anything. Thank goodness I have little Georgia to cheer me up! Nora is wonderful and smart and funny, but MAN! is she strong-willed! Someday I'll be super glad she is that way - no one will be able to push her around! We'll get through it!
Bethany, you are not alone! Abbey is not the only 4 year old who is wonderful, cute, and sweet and also an absolute monster!
Sophia argues with me whenever possible and refuses to do whatever I say often. How can they be the same sweet 2 year old girls that were so agreeable and did whatever we asked of them? I look at Tessa and think- not you too, please!
Post a Comment