She is not the only one hard at work writing around here. Elliott's current obsession is "DRAW!" which is what she says when she sees any writing utensil. (It actually comes out "Jaw" and is very cute.) She is very focused! Here she is taking notes on an envelope on top of the dog food container.
So far she hasn't redecorated any walls, but I'm locking up the Sharpies. Also, Elliott is enjoying books a lot more lately. Unlike her sister, she was not particularly interested in books as a baby, but now she will pick up a book, back up to me, plop her little bottom in my lap, open the book and say, "ME!"
We are always looking for a great new book or author, so I want to know: What are some of the favorite children's books at your house?
9 comments:
(Shameless plug here) I sell Usborne Books part time. They have some great books. One of Georgia's new favorites, Nora's favorite from a year ago, is There's a Mouse About the House. You send a little mouse through slots in the book as you read the story. There are also some books with CD (read by people with British accents). www.CelebrateUsborneBooks.com
Emma is definitely in that reading and writing phase. Two of her favorite books right now are "A was once an Apple Pie" and "Favorite Things" this one is the song Julie Andrews sings in Sound of Music
Elliott looks like she's even holding her pencil correctly! We're still working on that :) I remember Abbey was much better at sitting still to read books at that age than Ainsley :) Have you read Fancy Nancy and the Boy from Paris (Paris Texas)?!
Fantastic way to start with them. Elliot will be writing words just like her smart big sister in no time!!!!
Very very nice writing Abbey!
My kids couldn't get enough of Sandra Boyton, Abbey may be too old for her, but Elliott is the perfect age.
I like the first photo where Abbey's sitting in the basket reading.
It's great when they love books. Makes learning to read much easier.
I just discovered a series of books by Karma Wilson. The first just might be the best..it's called "Bear Snores On". Dylan's other favorite is "Bear Stays Up for Christmas". And there are lots more-"Bear's New Friend", "Bear Is Scared", "Bear Gets Sick"...I think that might be it. I checked them all out of the library. If you don't have them, maybe someone could get one or two as a Christmas present for the little girls (hint, hint).
Thanks for the suggestions- keep them coming! We haven't read any of those titles, and only recently gotten hooked on Sandra Boynton. In fact, Elliott calls her belly button her "bebo" because of an SB book. Libby, I will check your site out.
Children's books? In my house? Hmmm... unlikely, unless I read my dog a book before her bedtime.
However, oddly enough, my mom has given me a couple children's books as an adult... the kind that are nostalgic and about growing up. My favorite is "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch.
Post a Comment