Friday, December 5, 2008

Girls on the Go with Daddy

The girls really like going places with Daddy. In fact, Elliott is turning into quite the little Daddy's Girl (except at bedtime, when no one but Mama will do). She asks about him all day while he's at work and will bring me my cell phone and command me, "Daddy!" And of course when he comes home she must be picked up and wants nothing to do with Mama. Chad and Abbey have been going to McDonald's for breakfast for a long time, and now Elliott is thrilled to join them.

Elliott says, "Cake-cakes!" while Abbey just eats them.


Here's my "Pride" on the lion statue at the zoo entrance. Even the zoo is more fun when Daddy gets to come along.

Speaking of the zoo, it sounds more like one at our house lately. Elliott is talking a LOT all the sudden. Repeating everything she hears, and usually getting her point across! Most of the time it's very exciting and cute, until she throws her head back and screams, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I'll try to get some video of the (sweet) talking soon. Abbey is having some trouble with her mouth- the part that produces Back-talk and Sassiness seems to be on overdrive. Maybe she's just getting louder and more demanding to compete with Elliott. Or maybe she is trying to drive me completely crazy. Some times I handle it well- asking her to "say it nicely," or apologize for saying something unkind. Other times... I yell... and then wonder why she's yelling! Kind of makes me wonder why I was once in such a hurry for her to start talking. :0)

4 comments:

Kristine said...

It sounds like the girls are enjoying their 'daddy dates'. Those McDonald breakfasts are pretty irresistible to kids.

I have some experience with hearing two girls talking, talking, and talking some more (mostly with the objective of talking over each other). Maybe Abbey is just making sure she can get a word in. It's funny you describe it as sassiness. Our couple friend has 'sassy juice' as punishment whenever their little girl shows a bit too much attitude... sassy juice being a tablespoon of pure lemon juice.

jordan said...

My Sophia needs "sassy juice" often too...unfortunately she would probably like the lemon juice!

I can't wait to hear Elliott talking. Tessa has just started to say a lot more, but only what she wants to say, not the repeating everything phase yet.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, yeah, I think it's a 4-year-old girl thing. We're having the same problem at our house. ((sigh))

deatra said...

I love the Daddy breakfast idea. Abbey and Elliott are so blessed to have such a wonderful, fun Daddy. Can't wait to see and hear the Newman Zoo this weekend!