Monday, December 8, 2008

Tagged For 8

8 Things About Me (tagged by Dara)

At first I was just glad to be tagged and have something to blog about, since for some reason I haven't been taking many blog-worthy pictures lately. But as I answered the questions, it really made me think- what do I look forward to? And what do I wish for? And is there any chocolate in the house?

8 TV Shows I Watch
1. Amazing Race (so disappointed the annoying brother and sister team won last night!)
2. 30 Rock
3. Ugly Betty
4. American Idol
5. The Office (but I am two seasons behind so don't tell me anything!)
6. Super Nanny
Ummm. I don't think there are two other adult shows I watch on a regular basis. So...
7. Curious George on PBS
8. Imagination Movers

8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Chick-Fil-A
2. Sonic (drinks and tots only)
3. Yorky's Taqueria (maybe it's not really my favorite but I can see it from my back door and it's brainwashing me)
4. Coco's Curry House (in Japan)
5. Famous Dave's BBQ (in Omaha)
6. Spaghetti Works (in Omaha)
7. Starbucks is a restaurant, right?
8. Apparently I have not explored San Antonio's culinary scene.

8 Things That Happened Today
1. Told Abbey to go back to sleep at 2:00 AM
2. Told Abbey to go back to sleep at 3:30 AM
3. Pretended I was asleep while Elliott climbed on me at 6:00 AM
4. Finally vacuumed the girls' room where Abbey threw up... on Saturday... Ugh.
5. Tried to get the Christmas tree to stop leaning to one side
6. Put Elliott down for a nap- twice.
7. Recovered from the shock that Abbey had fallen asleep during Elliott's second nap, and went to the couch with a book- Long Way Down. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes reading about travel, adventure, Africa, or Ewan McGregor. ;-)
8. Broke up about 100 squabbles over the doll stroller. (Dear Santa, We would like a second doll stroller for Christmas. love, Abbey & Elliott)

8 Things I Look Forward To
1. Making a big huge mess Christmas cards and treats with Abbey.
2. Spending time with family at Christmas- no jet planes or jet lag required.
3. Seeing the girls' excitement on Christmas morning.
4. The day my house becomes a diaper free zone. (Not any time soon, just looking forward to it!)
5. Elliott making the switch to one LONG nap each day. (Hopefully soon!)
6. Finding a church home in San Antonio.
7. First seeing Chad (and seeing the girls greet him) whenever he has been gone.
8. Enjoying some kid-free time with Chad at the end of the day.

8 Things I Wish For
1. To enjoy these "little kid" days/years more.
2. Super Nanny to come visit.
3. My daughters to become friends.
4. A good baby-sitter so Chad and I can go on dates.
5. Friends who live close by.
6. To be a better cook.
7. Chad to enjoy his job.
8. Someone to invent guilt-free chocolate.

8 People I Tag
1. Jen P.
2. Jennifer R.
3. Jordan
4. Kristine
5. Shelly
6. Christi
7. Amanda C.
8. Anyone else reading this who wants to play along... leave me a comment that you did it!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Geez, this tagging thing is way long.... My response post might be in Draft form for a long time. :-)

Amanda said...

hehe that was fun! Hope you guys are staying warm! It's down to about 30 up here in A-town!