Monday, February 18, 2008

Japanese produce section

The other day we ran out of strawberries. Oh no! Abbey can go through a carton of them in two days, so this could have turned into a crisis. But instead of going to the boring commissary, we went to the Daiei to buy strawberries... and then go play. We found some other good things in the produce section too.
This is a pre-cooked, shrink-wrapped sweet potato. It was delicious!

These apples were pre-packaged, as were the tangerines we bought. No such thing as "price per pound" produce in Japan.
Yes, that is a very fat, individually wrapped carrot on the right. And these are some juice boxes that Abbey likes. The character's name is Anpanman and I buy them for her even though I'm not entirely sure what is in them! (One of my students assured me they are healthy.)
And yes, we did find the strawberries too.

5 comments:

Hide and Seek said...

Bethany!! Your sweet potato is the wrong color and your carrot is the wrong shape. Beware!

Kristine said...

Going to the Japanese market sounds way more fun and adventuresome than the commissary. I'd have such a blast trying [odd] Asian produce.

Anonymous said...

Why is the Japanese carrot so thick? (So are their babies!) Maybe it's not the baby formula after all. Hmm....

jennifer said...

That is so interesting! I would have never thought that produce would come shrink wrapped like that!!

Amanda said...

lol, I need to get your address so I can send you money and have you send me strange Japanese items...