Monday, February 25, 2008

Tea for Four

Abbey is 4! Well, almost. We kicked off a week-long birthday celebration Sunday afternoon with a "tea party" (I use the term very loosely) for her and three friends. I decided to keep it really small and simple after taking Abbey to two parties recently where there were lots of kids and a bouncy castle, then spending most of the party trying to convince her to get in the bouncy castle with the other kids. We started the party by decorating "fancy tea party hats" based on an idea I found here. None of the girls really wanted to wear their hats but they had fun covering them with stickers and such. Then we had snacks and cupcakes, opened a few presents, and let them loose to play in Abbey's room. Abbey had a great time- no acting shy- so I will call it a success!
The super fancy set-up

What was your favorite part of the party, Abbey?

When we ate cupcakes!


Look at that hat! She really did a great job decorating it.


It was so thoughtful of someone to bring Elliott an envelope to play with.


Abbey and Vada set up camp with some stuffed animal friends.





Party girls: Vada, Kokoa, Abbey and Isabella

10 comments:

Kristine said...

Looks like such fun! Even I want to have a nice little tea party for my 27th.

bcstark said...

Happy almost 4th birthday, Abbey!

jordan said...

It looks like the perfect party for Abbey. I'm glad she had fun and didn't get freaked out by anything! Success! Congratulations Mom.

jennifer said...

What a fun party! I am all about keeping them low key...much more fun that way!!

The website is http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
Have fun!

Flip-flop Mama said...

Happy 4th Birthday Abigail Jordan! My party girl wishes she were closer for the tea party, and I'm pretty sure Porter would have destroyed it :) Can you believe our girls Bethany?! 4 sounds so old!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Abbey! We are thinking of you and praying your birthday and year ahead are blessed! We miss you!
Love, Heather, Madelaine & Annalese

Koinerfamily said...

What a cute tea party! It looks like Abbey and her friends had fun. I like the hat craft, such a cute idea! I hope Abbey's birthday week is a lot of fun!
Also, I just read about the snow monkeys, so I'll comment here... that looks like a once in a life time adventure, I'm sure Chad feels the same way... lol :) Cute pics, he did a great job!

Kristine said...

You have to visit that cupcake blog I mentioned on my blog. I just discovered it had a recipe for purple yam cupcake. How perfect for Abbey... it's the best of both cupcake and purple yam worlds combined.

jennifer said...

I checked out the magazine you suggested and put in my order for a free copy...thanks!!

Hide and Seek said...

I did a little math for you, Abbey, since you may still be a little young to do it yourself. Because of the accident of your birthday you will be 64 "actual" years old when you get to drive, 72 when you get to vote, 84 years old when you get to drink, and I am sure your father is very happy you will be a sprightly 120 years old when you get to start dating boys.
Have a great day!!