Here are nine things about the big nine-month-old:
1. Elliott can take off her hat.
1. Elliott can take off her hat.
2. Immediately upon waking up, Elliott flips on her tummy, pushes to sitting and pulls up on the side of the crib. This takes her about one second.
3. She is enjoying more solid food now, but still hates to be spoon-fed, preferring to eat everything with her fingers. Even applesauce. Yuck!
4. When I whistle Elliott sticks her finger in the hole in my lips.
5. After months of despising her car seat and screaming the entire time she was in it, every time, she now takes her longest naps there.
6. Elliott loves "If you're happy and you know it," "Head and shoulders, knees and toes," and anything performed by Abbey.
7. She likes books. She smiles so big when she sees the adorable Chinese baby in the Baby Einstein book, "Babies" and claws at all the pages in Pat the Bunny. She was so interested in my library book that she ripped off part of the page for herself!
8. Bath time is the best time! Elliott will sit contentedly in the water as long as you will let her, watching Abbey play or just gnawing on a ducky.
And last but not least...
9. She is crawling! (I guess the sign in the picture sort of gave it away.) Every day she goes a little faster, and she makes an excited sound when she spots a target (usually one of Abbey's toys).
Coming soon, all about Abbey...
7 comments:
Bethany, I found it funny I was making a top 10 list on my blog while you were making a top 9 list :) Everyone thought Ainsley was such a handsome boy too, even when she was in pink, due to the bald head! By the way, do you like pink now?! :)
No, I still don't like pink, but there's just no way around it with two girls!
Oh my--
Time flies fast! I feel like it was only a few months ago we were bringing you dinner after Elliot's birth......
Madeline was our first crawler. The rest of them were walking (not furniture walking)by 9 months.
Now's the time to vacuum 3 times a day, eh? :)
Happy 9 months, Elliott! :)
Can't wait for Abbey's "40-something things for 40-something months" post. Haha.
Tessa also gets a lot of "cute little guy" comments when she is in clearly feminine clothes. I wonder...who are all the baby boys out there wearing pink and purple?
And that baby from Baby Einstein Babies gets Tessa to smile every time too! She can be so sleepy and then when I take out that book, huge smiles and wide awake eyes! Fortunately, she's back to sleepy by the end of the book.
Getting ready for Abbey's 1st "real" birthday?
Jordan, I think Tessa has such a girly face, what is wrong with people? We are getting excited for Abbey's big day, though I still don't know what sort of celebrating we are going to do!
Heh, I have the opposite problem. I get asked (especially by Japanese ladies) if Dylan is a girl or a boy. My japanese friend today told me that was because he was dressed in orange with red socks (those are evidently "girl" colors here). Plus, he has those extra long eyelashes.
Post a Comment