Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Tag

Baby tag sounds dangerous, doesn't it?
I have told both of my girls' delivery stories here and here... but I can't resist a tag! I will answer all these questions about being pregnant with Abbey... ssssh... don't tell Elliott!

1. Were you married at the time? Yes, we had been married for a little over a year. (Good grief, what a personal question! Who started this meme anyway?)
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Although we had been "trying" we were still quite surprised. Chad's reaction was to immediately tell everyone at work. 3. How old were you? 22. Don't try this at home!
4. How did you find out? I had said something to my neighbor about being really tired. She said, "Maybe you're pregnant!" Since we had been trying I bought a test and lo and behold...
5. Who did you tell first? Chad!
6. Did you want to find out the sex? OF COURSE! Although, I "just knew" that she was going to be a girl.
7. Due date? March 16, 2004- our 2nd anniversary!
8. Did you deliver late or on time? Early, February 29, 2004.
9. Did you have morning sickness? I had all day blechiness.
10. What did you crave? Cereal, cereal and cereal.
11. Who/what irritated you the most? My boss at the time. She was fired the day after Abbey was born, so apparently it wasn't just me that she annoyed.
12. What was your first child's sex? Girl (shouldn't this one come after #6?)
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout pregnancy? Do you really think I am going to answer that?
14. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? I developed a fear of getting stuck in the elevator in my workplace, so I started taking the stairs, which did make things rather complicated.
15. Where did you give birth? Ehrling Bergquist Hospital at Offutt AFB, Nebraska. I'm so old- school, they don't even deliver babies there anymore!
16. How many hours were you in labor? About 9
17. Who drove you to the hospital? I drove myself... which you are not supposed to do. You will have to read the full story (above) if you really want to know why!
18. Who watched? Two docs, a nurse, two med techs, and oh yeah Chad showed up at the last minute. Before he got there my friend Corinne.
19. Was it natural or c-section? It was not a c-section, but if by natural you mean drug-free, um, no.
20. Did you take medication to ease the pain? It wasn't the best epidural ever, but it did its job.
21. How much did your child weigh? 7 pounds, 3 oz (and oddly enough Elliott was 7 pounds 1 oz, and they were both born at 47 minutes past the hour)
22. Did your child have any complications? Good ol' jaundice. I just thought she had a nice tan!
23. What did you name her? Abigail Jordan. We finally decided on the name right before they kicked us out of the hospital.
24. How old is your first born today? ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD!!! What?!

Little Miss Abigail Jordan




My first baby with her baby sister

If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged. I know some of my blogging buddies have some awesome stories about their babies, such as almost being born crossing the flight line... you know who you are...

2 comments:

Mum-me said...

That was interesting. I'd like to do this meme ..... one day.

jordan said...

I loved hearing about Abbey's birth, even though I probably knew it all. Just fun to remember.

I do plan on doing this one, maybe this weekend when my hubby is finally home! Yes, I know that flightline reference must be mine! Unless you know someone else that almost had a baby driving across the flightline?! And I know that you have tagged me several times and I have never responded! This is the one.