Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Busy Baby Sis

I know, I know, you were hoping for a Way Back Whensday. I was too. But I just couldn't get inspired by any old pictures today. So instead, here are some things that Elliott is currently in to:

Climbing

Destroying

Hiding and playing peek-a-boo- my favorite is when we are playing hide-and-seek with Abbey and Elliott covers her eyes whether she is counting or hiding.


And of course, dancing.

River dance? Happy feet? Either way, these girls have to move!

Elliott is talking constantly and saying new words all the time. Many of her words are understandable, but there are also a lot of words that require translation. Last week when my mom was here, it was funny to hear Abbey explain to Nana what Elliott was saying- she was usually right! She can tell you her name- E-dit. And in the morning she makes sure everyone knows she's ready for her "beck-tiss" of "da-do, nana, go-go!" (Breakfast of waffle, banana and yogurt.) And since being sick last week, she has become quite fond of saying "Uppy" to be held and carried all the time, and sometimes more specifically, "Baby" meaning hold her sideways like a baby. This girl knows what she wants! She is very tenacious, and trying to distract her from what she wants, especially if what she wants is to be in your lap or arms, is often pointless. Sometimes I just hold her and remind myself she won't be hold-able and so huggable much longer, and other times I slowly go about my business with her clinging to my leg and screeching.
Okay, that's about it for Miss E. I'll try to get a post about Abbey up soon!

6 comments:

Stephenie said...

What a sweet post. Elliot has changed so much since we last saw you guys. She's a great little dancer--I don't think I'd be able to keep up! Always sit down and enjoy those cuddles while you can. I wish I could bring back those moments with my 12-year-old.

bcstark said...

Love the dancing! You have such adorable girls (like you didn't already know that). Jackson & Elliott would be double trouble if they got together - he's in the business of destroying too.

Shelly said...

This may come to you twice...it just told me there was a duplication error and to try again...So here was my comment:
Elliot's got some MOVES! Avery loves to dance too, but Elliot seems a bit lighter on her feet than Avery. Right now Ave just likes to shake her upper body, but I'm sure her feet will get happy eventually. Great post!

Mum-me said...

your girls and mine would love to get together and dance. And play hide and seek (Mousie calls "Ready or not, Here I come" and Kitcat yells "Here I am!") and they'd be in on the destuctive bit too.

Jen said...

How cute! They are dancing like Dylan dances. I wish we could get down to see you guys. I even entertained the thought of heading your way after Nashville, but then I google mapped it and saw it's like 14 hours from here. LOL! Oh well. We'll have to bite the bullet and buy plane tickets to fly down sometime. We miss you guys!

jennifer said...

Great dancing!! Isn't it funny how the second kiddo gets into the destroying and climbing a lot sooner than the first kid did?? They have someone to look up to and keep up with!!