Monday night Elliott started throwing up, and just when she seemed better, Abbey started on Thursday. (After I took her to preschool Wednesday. Other preschool parents, I'm so sorry!) I am going to spare you all the gross details, but suffice to say that in the last 5 days, we have consumed a lot of Pedialyte (Elliott), watched a lot of movies (Abbey), and washed a lot of towels (me). Chad had to leave town in the middle of all this, but my wonderful mother drove down to help out. I really don't know what I would have done without her- I wouldn't have slept any, that's for sure. If your mom (or other very helpful family member) lives close to you, please don't ever take that for granted! After living hundreds or thousands of miles away from my family the entire time I have been a Mommy, it is such a blessing to be able to call her and ask for help- or in this case, have her offer to help before I could even ask.
Even though this is a stomach virus and not a really serious illness, it is definitely the worst sick episode I have dealt with since both girls were sick at the same time. Fortunately, Abbey made a quick recovery, and was even able to play basketball on Saturday. Elliott seems to feel better, but her poor little tummy is still not able to handle much. Thank you for the prayers and good wishes sent our way- I am praying for a complete return to health- and good sleep!
6 comments:
So sorry to hear it's been a rough week for you and the girls. It certainly is nice that your mom could offer a hand. I hope everyone starts feeling more like normal soon.
Love the pic with the sheets covering the couch :) I do the same thing. Trey threw up Mon night and Porter Thurs night, but our sickness only lasted 8 hrs both kids :( Glad your mom could help!!
oh no! it is so much harder to see your kids sick, then for you to actually be sick. that is no fun!!! i will pray you guys start to feel better soon! the stomach bug is going around here too:( moms are the best-nice help!
I hope your girls are both totally better after a weekend with Nana!
:(
These are such sad pictures...
I hope you all feel better soon. Poor kids.
ps i finally was able to answer your question about my natural diet on this past Sunday.
BLESS YOUR HEART! I had to deal with that a couple of months ago with Avery, but I can't imagine a double dose of it! (I guess I'll have to start imagining it, because I'm sure it's coming for me!) I had to laugh about you getting to wash all the towels. I did the same thing except we used a lot of blankets. I hope things are MUCH better now!
Post a Comment