And to celebrate all that (attempted) dunking, we headed to Dunkin Donuts afterwards. I know... bad joke... sorry.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Dribbling and Dunkin
Abbey started basketball last weekend. This is a parent-child program like she participated in for fall soccer. I know nothing about playing basketball (all I remember from middle school PE was getting beaned in the head) so I'm actually looking forward to learning together. Chad and I each took a turn on the court with her, and Elliott was ready to run out there too! (Not sure how I'm going to manage that when Chad can't come. Maybe I'll dress her up and she can be the mascot.) The funniest thing of the whole morning was watching Abbey get in what her coach called "basketball position"- bent knees, hands up. He had them growl like a bear, and I could hear Abbey (yes, my shy child!) above all the other kids! It reminded me of Sully in Monsters Inc. Maybe next time I can get it on video. All in all, it was fun, though whether or not we have a future WNBA star on our hands remains to be seen.
Abbey thought this was hilarious- the parents moved the ball all around and the kids tried to get it. (Sorry the picture is so dark.)
No, the goal is behind you!
T minus 3 minutes until donut-induced meltdown...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's so fun! I hope they'll have programs like that here when Jackson gets older. And I hope you know that your post is responsible for giving me a serious donut craving! :)
Ahhh, Smart Start Basketball. Sophia loved it last year but then I could strap baby Tessa into her stroller when necessary. I didn't know how I could do it this year with a toddler that refuses to sit on the sidelines, so I had to pass. I definitely won't be showing this post to Sophia though!
How fun! I love that you are doing basketball! And I love the donut-induced meltdown comment! Hysterical! The pictures of Abbey dressed up are priceless. I especially love that she included Shamu!
That's perhaps the best excuse for Dunkin Donuts.
Post a Comment