Saturday, December 15, 2007

We made it!

Howdy, y'all!
Okay, so I wasn't actually that worried that we wouldn't make it to Texas this time since we were flying commercial and not space-a. But it's still a great feeling to have the trip over with. It went very smoothly given how long it was: 2.5 hours on the bus, 3.5 hanging out on the airport, 12 hours on the plane, 2 hours at another airport, wondering what had happened to our stroller, and the drive home in rain and traffic. Whew! There was only one minor bodily functions incident per child and they both slept a lot on the flight- thank you God! This is not to say it was enjoyable and I can't wait to do it again, but it went well enough that at the end of the flight, the man across the aisle asked me for tips on traveling with his baby. (Hopefully he wasn't being sarcastic!)

Fun in the airport!

Ready to go.

Abbey has done very well with the time change and warming up to family members- she is so happy to see Nana and Les and especially enjoyed a very fun day with her uncles. (Pictures of that coming soon.) Elliott will surely figure out the time change soon and gives sweet smiles to her adoring fans (from the safety of Mommy's arms, of course). I haven't driven yet (on the right, not left, side of the road) or braved the Christmas crowds at the mall... we'll see how that goes soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I am so glad things went rather smoothly for you-----we prayed that day as you left and that night for your trip.

I briefly saw Chad at church and wanted to ask him how things went but we were getting settled in and had the advent candle lighting to do as a family so I wasn't able to talk with him.

Don't forget to get some shopping and eating in for me while you are there, okay? :)

Enjoy the time with your family----looking forward to the stories and pictures.

jennifer said...

Glad you got there safely! Enjoy your time in Texas!!

Amanda said...

Glad you guys made it back safe - welcome home! ;)