Monday, December 17, 2007

Family fun

Didn't you know that everyone in Texas has a horse?!

Elliott the Elf gets her first taste of exersaucer madness.

We are having a good time in Texas. It's so nice to see family! Growing up, none of my family lived more than a couple hours away so I definitely took it for granted. But since we haven't been home since May of last year, I am so glad to see everyone and I'm looking forward to more family time over the next couple of weeks. (You would think there would be pictures of the girls with these people but that will have to be another day.)

One thing Abbey was really looking forward to was decorating Nana's Christmas tree. She would talk about it every time we saw a tree in the store. So, the day after we arrived...

Nana and Abbey get merry.

Uncle Matt gives Abbey a lift to put the garland on the tree.

I will have to get a picture of Abbey with the finished tree- you can definitely tell where she concentrated her efforts (on one side at the bottom of the tree). So cute. Like I said before, Abbey especially enjoyed some time with her uncles- my younger brothers, Matt and Luke. They are a lot of fun! In this picture they were about to talk Abbey and the dogs for a walk. She insisted on wearing her winter hat (but could not be convinced she needed a coat). So then they found hats, and we threw on Elliott's hippo hat as well. She looks a bit dazed, but Abbey thought it was hilarious.

Everyone say... Silly Uncles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! They don't look so jet lagged! :)
That's great that there are toys and baby stuff for them at Nana's. Enjoy the family time and keep us posted!jimminycricket

bcstark said...

I can't get over how much your brothers have grown!! It makes me feel old. :)