Here's a quote from the newspaper about his visit to Yokota: "It's a tough time for a lot of American families with their loved ones being away," Smith said. "I felt like it was my pleasure and duty to come out and say, 'We're thinking about you. Good work and good luck.' " (It probably didn't hurt that now all these people will go see his new movie!)
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Celebrity sightings
Will Smith came to Yokota! Yes, that Will Smith! Though we are not big enough fans that we would have gone out to see him with about a billion other people, he was using the stage attached to the band building, and rooms within the squadron for the green rooms. So all the band guys got to meet him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I completely forgot that Will Smith was coming. I loved watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air when I was younger. His movie The Pursuit of Happiness was good too which had his son in real life in it.
That's a great picture of Chad and Will Smith. I heard he was real down to earth. I wish I could have seen him----though I wouldn't have fought the crowds to go---how neat for Chad. I'm a little envious! :)
I thought I'd visited the wrong blog! What a trip!
Hi Bethany,
This is Christi's mom, Charla. Here's a link to some other getting-to-be-famous people that you might know:
http://healthyhomeblog.com/leaders-in-evolution-rock-music/94/
Your blog is great! I'm going to share it with Kymbee who used to go to W. Freeway. Her husband was stationed in Japan for two years, maybe longer. Now he's stationed in San Diego, CA. They have two boys. She's really a neat person, in fact...she left a comment on the post link that I'm sending you.
At first I thought that Chad was standing next to one of those wax statues of a celebrity. I don't know why that would be less odd. How fun! When I was living in Turkey the honors students got to go to the airfield to meet Hilary and Chelsea Clinton. I have both of their signatures but I think I lost them in one of the moves. That may prove to be a costly mistake.
Post a Comment