Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A fun morning

Last week we braved the Golden Week crowds and went to Showa Memorial Park to enjoy the great weather and some family fun in between Chad's trips. One of the holidays celebrated during Golden Week is Children's Day, on May 5, when families celebrate their children's health and happiness. This is a huge koinobori, or carp streamer, that looks like it was decorated by many children. Small streamers like this are hung up outside people's homes for Children's Day.


Here is my post from our last visit there, and click here (and scroll down) to see another blog that has some pictures of interesting things at the park.

The greatest thing about this visit was how BRAVE Abbey was! Last time she did not really want to bounce, climb or slide too close to any other kids, but this time she was running off from us to get in there! I was so proud of her. Elliott had a great time too- she loves to go down slides with Abbey (and Daddy) and also liked being bounced with Mommy.

Abbey (in the yellow hat) charges up the bouncy mountain.



Please hold on tight to Elliott!


Three Newmans go down the long roller slide.


And just for you, Chad...


Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

7 comments:

debi9kids said...

OH! What a great park & a great day!
I just love that you are able to share so much culture in your blog posts (and certainly not things I would learn about otherwise)
It is just fascinating & just wonderful that your family is getting to experience it all. :)
Debi

Kristine said...

That looks like such fun! Those rolling slides are interesting.

jordan said...

Showa kinen Koen is one of my favorite places in Japan...I miss it!

All the pictures were great, I can't beleve you let Elliott go down the slide with Abbey! Also, thanks for putting in the picture of you going down the slide! How fun.

cmndrums said...

That was a great day for family fun, especially since the weather was perfect. I was so proud of Abbey for being so brave. I look forward to reading your blog everyday while I'm gone. Love Chad

Shelly said...

How fun!!! The roller slide and the bouncy mountain look awesome!!

Dara said...

I am very envious of that bouncy mountain.

Hide and Seek said...

Oh Mien Gato! I think that I need to visit Japan for the toys.