Saturday, May 24, 2008

Birthday party

Now that Daddy is home, Uncle Matt and Uncle Luke are here, and it stopped raining, we finally celebrated Elliott's birthday. It was a little bitty party for our little bitty girl. (18 lbs 6 oz and 27.7 inches at her 12 month check-up.)
As I prepared for the party I thought back to Abbey's first birthday party... still very simple but a slightly bigger affair with friends, balloons and party favors... but Elliott doesn't have to know about that, right?!

Abbey "helping" make the cake.


Elliott is in awe of the cake in all of its pinkness.

Seriously, what is up with all the pink?

It was a family only party. Of course our family in Japan includes Anne and Isabella! Everybody say CAKE!

Elliott's favorite place these days is the playground, so that's where we had the party. Hooray for a spring-time baby! She loved pushing her walker through the wide open park and picking up grass to put in it.

Isabella stands by in case "E-yot" needs any help.

Whoever left this ball at the south side playground... thanks!

We had fun with it!

We waited until we got home to open presents. It was really hard on Abbey to see all those new toys that weren't for her... she coped with it by grabbing everything. Elliott got some great books, blocks, a ladybug stool and a Little People zoo for her and Abbey to play with together (if it kills me).

Thanks for these cool magnetic blocks, Grandmom!


The aftermath of a first birthday celebration.

I guess she is officially one now. She is taking a few little steps (before dropping down for some speed crawling), climbing up everything, sleeping better (hallelujah!), pointing to what she wants (as well as random people) and waving bye-bye to everyone. Happy birthday, Elliott! I love you.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Your girls are SO cute. I think Elliott needs to be Jackson's first girlfriend. :) And I know it makes me sound old, but I still can't believe how big Matt & Luke are. Glad y'all are having fun!

Kristine said...

Now THAT is a serious birthday cake! No wonder Elliott looked completely entranced by it. How fun that your brothers are there to celebrate with you... and provide some adult companionship.

bcstark said...

That comment was really me. Brad and Amanda were over and I didn't realize she was signed in to blogger, lol. Yeah, I'm slow!

Possum Princess said...

Wow! I am in awe of that fantastic cake - it looks like a huge yummy pink doughnut. I like the strawberries in the centre ... you can say to those tut-tutting about the all the sugar "But it has fresh fruit! It's a healthy cake!"

Best wishes to cute little Elliot for a fun-filled year ahead, and may God Bless her always.

Shelly said...

As always, your blogs crack me up! Her party looked perfect and you made an awesome cake!

Amanda said...

hmmm, well even though it LOOKS like I already commented, Happy Birthday to Elliott, looks like she had a great day! ;)

debi9kids said...

What a wonderful day for little Elliot!
YEAH!
PS LOVE the Labybug stool! Is it handmade? Japanese made?

Bethany said...

Elliott's ladybug stool is made of thick pieces of foam that you fit together sort of like a puzzle. I bought it at a Japanese store called Seiyu for about $10. On the package it said "why don't you sit on an original character chair." Ha! I will have to get a pic of her perched on it.

jordan said...

It is so fun to have girls the same age! Reading about Elliott sounds like it is about Tessa, too! Walking a bit, pointing at everyone, crawling/climbing on everything. With me behind her, Tessa can make it up the entire flight of stairs faster than you can imagine. Well, with Elliott around, maybe you can imagine.

How did she like her cake anyway?