Two years ago, when Elliott was a tiny sweet new baby, the lovely ladies at our church had a shower for us. It was such a special day. I don't think baby showers are a part of Japanese culture, so to have some of our sweet Japanese ladies there was great. Of course the food was yummy...
"I know you're very busy taking care of Abbey and new baby Elliott. Do not forget to take care of Chad. Spend some time by yourselves, and keep the feeling he is your sweetheart, not just Daddy for Abbey and Elliott."
"Don't spend too much time looking back or looking forward but enjoy whatever stage you're at!"
"Pray for your children every day!"
"Let your children play outside as much as possible."
And of course the classic: "Nap when the baby is napping... the dishes can wait!"
Two years later and I need to keep working on every single one of those. But everyone also prayed for our family that day, and if I keep doing that too, we will be okay.
Another special part of this was having my Mom there! She came for two weeks after Elliott was born and I was so glad she got to come to this shower. (I very seriously considered hiding her passport so she couldn't go back to the states after two weeks.)
Let's not forget the big sister. This picture was taken two years ago today... ...and some things never change.
5 comments:
It's soo nice to know that we're not the only ones in the midst of tantrums (not that I'd wish them on anyone else)! And I love your way back Whens-days. Your girls have always been adorable.
What a cute, sweet little baby she was. (I have to look back at their baby photos too sometimes when they're throwing tantrums.)
I love it! The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...(I'm getting my chuckles over her tantrum pictures out of my system before I come down tomorrow).
Awww, those were cute! Hehe, hope you find some peace between tantrums! ;)
Good luck with the tantrums! Tessa now pulls her sister's hair whenever she is mad...and once or twice it was a whole handful of hair!
Love looking back and seeing her so tiny and sweet, though. Abbey too, from the last whens-day post.
Post a Comment